With so many keto success stories out there, there’s a whole lotta people who are lowering their carbs and ramping up their fat in hopes of a keto success story of their very own. While many of these hopeful ketoers mean well, if they’re ramping up the wrong types of fat, they could be doing more harm than good for their best keto results.
Since there’s still so much misinformation given about healthy fats in the mainstream, in this episode of Chat the Fat, we’re going to clear up some of the confusion that comes along with which types of fat to consume.
We have a guide which will help you determine which foods contain which fats. You can find that at chatthefat.com/episode13
- To start this episode, we provide official definitions of each type of fat found in the foods you eat and provide examples of each type of fat:
- Trans fats
- Since most mainstream articles tell you to steer clear of saturated fats, we spend time clearing up some saturated fat myths and explain how saturated fats got a bad wrap in the first place.
- We further clarify why saturated fat is not the enemy.
- We talk more about polyunsaturated fats and the reasons why they may not be as heart healthy as many of the mainstream outlets suggest.
- We talk about the best oils to cook with, and which oils to avoid when cooking.
- We talk more about the differences between MUFAs and PUFAs
- We also let you know how to figure out which fats are ideal for you to eat.
Listener Question: How do you get your spouse on board with your new keto lifestyle? Cooking for my family would be so much easier if he would eat keto as well, so do you have any suggestions on getting your spouse to eat keto?
Product Review: Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil and Thrive Market MCT oil
- Digestion Course
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (amazon link)
- Thrive Market MCT Oil
Episode Download: Guide to types of fats found in various foods